£35000 - £45000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8908
9 days ago
Our client provides warranty and insurance services to the construction industry. They are currently looking for an experienced Building Control Surveyor join their fantastic organisation. Due to an increase in workload they have two new opportunities, one in the West Midlands region and the other in London. This is an exciting time to join this leading organisation as they continue to win work across the UK. This role will allow the successful candidate to work from home with regular site visits to various clients.
Duties include (but not limited to)
- Inspecting homes being constructed and / or converted, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Technical Manual and Building Regulations.
- Effectively self manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
- Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers.
- Carry out Developer assessments at the completion of projects.
- Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
- Ongoing liaison with Developers / Clients / Builders, offering technical advice and guidance.
- Provide advice to line Manager on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients. Undertake any other duties as reasonably required
- Part / Full member of professional. Minimum Grades accepted: TechRICS / ACIOB / CABE / LICWCI or similar.
- Relevant Building Control, plan check, and site inspection experience or relevant Warranty experience, or a combination of both.
- In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.