£60000 - £80000 per annum, Benefits: 20% bonus + car
+44 (0)151 666 8956
22 days ago
My client is a multi-site healthcare manufacturing organisation that is looking to recruit a Head of Quality to replace and internal promotion. The current Head of Quality is moving into a Global role and as such this exciting position has become available for an experienced Quality professional to influence key business decisions on a day to day basis.
Reporting directly to the MD, the successful candidate will have to have strong management experience in order to take on the challenges of managing a technically diverse group which covers QA, QC, Regulatory and Validation of varying types. They also need to have experience of complex manufacturing processes in a time sensitive and quality driven environment.
Duties will include;
Lead the Quality Department which consists of
- Quality Control (primarily responsible for ensuring the quality of raw materials and finished goods).
- Quality Assurance (ensuring that the Company’s Quality standards are met throughout the production process) as well being responsible for validation.
- Product Quality Reviews (PQRs) and pharmacovigilance.
- Represent Quality on the Senior Management Team, responsible for the day-to-day and strategic management of the Company.
- Manage and carry out supplier audits and an internal audit program.
- Maintain and improve the company’s existing Quality Management System.
- Participate during inspections and audits by external bodies including the review of previous audit reports and planning appropriate remedial action.
- Communicate significant quality issues and corrective/preventative actions to the Company’s Senior Management.
- Successfully represent the Company’s quality function to regulators, customers and suppliers.
- Significant experience in successfully leading and managing a Quality Team or Department – excellent management skills in this area are a pre-requisite for this position.
- You will have relevant experience, ideally in a cGMP manufacturing facility. However food, nutrition and chemical manufacturing experience is also appropriate.
- You will have experience of working within a Quality Management System and be able to understand and demonstrate how it can add value and ensure compliance in a licensed manufacturing facility.
- You will be comfortable working in a team, interacting with departments across the business and at all levels within the business and you will be able to find the right balance between the regulatory and commercial aspects of the role.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.