+44 (0)151 666 8952
3 months ago
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Due to a major expansion project on a large food manufacturing site my client is now looking for a Site Electrical Engineer and Duty Holder for their site near Spalding.
To ensure effective, efficient and timely planning and co-ordination of elctrical design works, site electrical issues and planned maintenance. To manage the work standards of the Site Electrical Team and Contractors.
- Engineering Manager
- Site functional heads/ departments
- Project Manager
- Team Leaders across shifts
- Site energy teams
- Safety advisor
- Environmental advisor
- Maintain effective dialogue with functional support areas such as HR, Technical
- Insurance Companies
- Suppliers and contractors including inductions
- Regulatory bodies, including HSE
Safety, Quality and Hygiene
- Ensure that when carrying out all duties that regard to own safety and that of others is always taken into account.
- Strict adherence to all H&S work policies e.g. Lock out and Tag (Isolation of all energy sources when undertaking any work) and Use of the “Permit to Work/Enter” system.
- Ensure purchased items conform to with legislative, moral and European directive requirements
- The site Electrical Duty Holder, ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation issues
- Ensure Good Manufacturing Practice by maintaining a tidy site appearance in line Food Industry best practice
- Ensure an environment and culture of safe working practices are understood and maintained, by personally demonstrating safe behaviour and taking responsibility for the setting and management of health & safety of engineering staff and contractors
- Undertake Accident and Near Miss Investigations
- Ensure that risk assessments are completed and actioned.
- Support a culture that enhances behavioural awareness to reduce accidents and near misses
- Act as Design Authority over all Electrical works
- Responsible for agreeing maintenance tasks with outsourcing partners
- Identify, generate and progress engineering work requests on utilities
- To be responsible for contract and direct labour, ensuring good discipline and that factory rules are conformed to at all times.
- Manage and motivate Team. Set and monitor targets for Teams.
- Ensure that the core training/competency assessment requirements of all reports including development of an annual training plan and measuring performance against this on a regular basis are completed. Ensure all training is delivered and documented.
- Manage people via the agreed company policies and procedures. e.g. Ensure all return to work interviews are completed on the first day. Document all discussions and correspondence in relation to absence.
- Ensuring that the site Discipline procedure is adhered to.
- Ensure effective, efficient and timely planning and co-ordination of site electrical issues and planned maintenance.
- Overall responsibility for electrical maintenance and spare part stock
- Co-ordinate electrical maintenance activities with Engineering Team Leader
- Identify own training needs and with Manager agree a time plan for achieving this
- Continuous monitoring of Power Factor; comparing energy utilisation to Production activity
- Advise the site energy management team of energy consumption of assets, providing equipment and resource when required
- To provide an innovative proactive support service to the site based on skill and experience, driving innovation for continuous improvements
- Maintain adequate stock levels for PM and UPM, reducing overall holdings in line with site and PF requirements
- Emergency electrical cover during power outages or interruptions in supply
- Responsible for achieving personal development objectives
- Act as site contact on all electrical issues and Design Authority on Electrical works
- Ensure that standards and procedures are in place and regularly updated to govern electrical activities on site including aspects of new asset realisation, safe working practices, management of contractors and assessment of competencies of engineering staff.
- Work closely with support functions (HR, Technical, Manufacturing, Logistics and Finance) to ensure resources required are identified and communicated with all outstanding issues resolved.
- Meet with Engineering managers, Manufacturing, Team Leaders and Planning daily to ensure priorities clear, understood and communicated.
- With contractors and HSE concerning compliance with legislation (PAT, Fixed installation Regulations)
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- Control systems experience
- Electrical Design expeirence
- Experience of radioactive source management desired
- Must have experience as site electrical duty holder.
- Knowledge of PC’s (AB / Siemens, according to site)
- Installation of new equipment and vertical start up
- Manufacturing environment
- Site alarm systems
- Food Safety
- Health & Safety
- Responsible for a small team of instrumentation engineers
- Uphold site electrical standards
- Some input to utilities savings projects
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.