Burton upon Trent
Salary based on experience
+44 (0)151 666 8999
7 months ago
Burton upon Trent
Salary based on experience, car allowance, pension, healthcare, bonus
A fantastic opportunity to join a new department within one of the leading CapEx project delivery businesses operating within the FMCG, Food, Pharmaceutical and healthcare industries around the UK and overseas.
Due to a new department being opened, the opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer or Senior Engineer to join their business and assist FMCG clients with the delivery of innovative packaging production machinery. You’re role will be to work with the client and carry out design and feasibility studies to ensure the delivery of their projects in line with budget, timescales and quality.
Essentially if you have lead project delivery of manufacturing lines design, and delivery up to installation and commissioning stage then this role might suit you really well. If you enjoy working closely with the end client and suppliers, influencing equipment selection, pre delivery inspection and then coordinating suppliers on site during installation and commissioning phases then get in touch.
What will you do?
- Carry out design and feasibility studies to meet client’s capex plans
- Prepare comprehensive engineering specifications and technical documentation
- Ensure each projects are implemented and delivered from initial conception through to installation, commissioning and final handover
- Manage project profitability, control of capital expenditure
- Deliver on agreed project objectives within budget and to a set deadline
- Responsibility for equipment supplier selection, expediting equipment, pre-delivery inspection and overall accountability for site management and co-ordination of suppliers during the installation & commissioning phases of the project
- Carry out performance audits and testing of plant and equipment
- Compile & issue final documentation and reporting
- Ensure compliance with legislation including CDM, Machinery Directive & PUWER
- A degree level qualification in a relevant engineering discipline (e.g. mechanical engineering), although candidates with HNC or above together with relevant experience will also be considered
- Previous system design & project delivery experience from within any of the following industries FMCG (brewing/food/drink/pharmaceutical)
- IT literate with experience of MS Project and AutoCAD
- Flexibility to travel internationally, as and when required
- Driving Licence & car owner (essential)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.