£30000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: pension, bonus etc
+44 (0)151 666 8953
3 months ago
Reporting to the Planning Manager, the Materials Planner will be responsible for ensuring raw materials are available to meet demand through effective ordering and inventory control processes. Liaising with a variety of internal and external parties, including suppliers and customers, to ensure high levels of service are maintained both efficiently and cost effectively.
The successful Materials Planner will have previous planning experience within an FMCG food manufacturing environment. You will have excellent IT / systems skills with proven experience of managing ERP and MRP supply chain systems.
Responsibilities of the Materials Planner include:
• Assess stock levels of raw materials and expedite orders using MRP and other internal systems to support production plans
• Support the control of Raw Material stock levels to the agreed levels and understand the financial implications of actions
• Use and understand the agreed processes to manage and control production orders.
• Work closely with Purchasing and Operations functions to ensure materials are available in sufficient quantities.
• Build and maintain excellent relationships with Internal and External Customers and Suppliers
• Attend, participate in and add value to meetings as required e.g - stock, factory, Supplier
• Support and provide accurate information for the Planning Manager
• Monitor deliveries from suppliers and query any delays and shortages
• Follow up on outstanding purchase orders, develop and internally communicate recovery plan.
• Support the Supply Chain function by preparing stock reports.
• Solve day-to-day cost/quality/scheduling issues with suppliers.
• Pursue continuous improvement initiatives which seek to drive down costs.
• Minimise the requirement for express transport of incoming material.
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.