££competitive depending on experience
+44 (0)151 666 8953
7 months ago
12 months fixed term contract
Reporting to the Head of Technical the Specifications & Artwork Manager will be responsible for managing a team of specification technologists to approve all finished product specifications and artwork for products manufactured, ensuring compliance to the relevant labelling rules.
The successful Specifications & Artwork Manager will have previous experience of managing a technical team and have knowledge of labelling and artwork regulations. You will have experience of retailer specification systems and a proven track record in checking and sign off of artwork. Staff supervisory / management experience would be desirable.
Responsibilities of the Specifications & Artwork Manager include:
• Ensure compliance with all quality, food safety, legal and customer requirements for finished product specifications and artwork
• Manage the programme of activity for the team, allocating of workloads
• Manage business project delivery to achieve regulatory labelling
• Lead business projects from a compliance perspective
• Set the standards for artwork approval and specifications, ensuring the team is sufficiently trained in the relevant areas
• Develop and maintain labelling, recipe and specification systems and processes to improve efficiency and accuracy
• Uphold the relevant procedures and data information for finished product specifications and labelling compliance to external accreditations e.g BRC standards, Soil Association and RSPO
• Develop and report appropriate KPIs to monitor, maintain and improve year on year performance.
• Develop and manage the nutrition sampling & testing schedules, ensuring compliance with all requirements.
• Lead, motivate and inspire the Artwork & Specifications Team in line to achieve personal development
• and continuous improvement through effective training, development plans, succession planning and recruitment.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.