+44 (0)151 666 8952
5 months ago
Work Locations - Birmingham
Industry: Construction, Environment
As one of the world’s leading project and programme management consultancies, my client advise on some of the world’s most exciting construction related projects – from giant petrochemical plants to the world’s tallest hotel, and from London’s Heathrow Airport to the Freedom Tower in New York.
The Birmingham office is growing their team, and they are looking for a Health & Safety Consultant to deliver CDM Services on a range of exciting projects - this diversity means no one day is the same and will offer you the scope to develop your experience and progress your career.
To join us you’ll need:
- Chartered/Professional Qualification in Health and Safety
- NEBOSH qualified (minimum Construction Certificate)
- Preferably Member of APS / IOSH
- Ideally currently fulfilling a Principal Designer / Client CDM Advisor role
- Sound CDM/Health and Safety specialist knowledge demonstrating established experience and aptitude.
- Active involvement on a number of commissions/projects in different sectors and/or assistance on major commissions or projects with defined levels of
- Thorough understanding of CDM regulations and health and safety issues and ability to knowledgeably advise the client.
- Good IT skills and working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the component parts of CDMC / CDM2015 and other Health & Safety issues
- Working knowledge of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- Strong Communication skills - experience of communicating with people at differing levels effectively through oral and written communication
- Client facing skills - experience of working with clients at a strategic/operational level and managing the relationships effectively
- Strong Planning and Organising skills - able to prioritise workload and deadlines and manage change effectively
- Effective problem resolution skills - solution orientated with the ability to manage problems and complaints assertively
- Team work skills - ability to work with others to achieve team and personal targets or objectives
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.