+44 (0)151 666 8929
3 months ago
Objectives of Job:
Apply operations and commissioning knowledge and expertise in solid waste processing such as Materials Recycling Facilities (MRFs) to the conceptual development, design, and EPC proposals for waste processing required for waste to energy and waste to fuels contracts.
Role envisaged for candidate is to be a Consultant supporting project teams with the design and specification of the waste processing process, equipment, layout, and operation philosophy.
The candidate shall:
· provide real world operational experience to what design concepts will work and those that will not;
· advise practical design and operation solutions for meeting feed composition specifications;
· provide expertise in respect of solid waste processing equipment;
· work alongside process and mechanical engineers in developing bases of design, functional specifications, and performance criteria for waste processing;
· provide knowledge of waste equipment manufacturers and suppliers, provide an interface with them, and facilitate meetings;
· support the development of multidiscipline deliverables, review & comment on documents, and attendance at design review meetings;
· assist in preparation of functional specifications and enquiries for plant / equipment;
· tender review and appraisal;
· contribution to EPC cost estimation, assembly and commissioning plans / schedules, and performance test criteria.
• Working knowledge of UK and EU waste regulations;
• Provision of practical construction waste and resource management advice to clients, both on and off site;
• Project and bid management.
Experience in the following would be advantageous:
• Carbon modelling;
• Environmental Permitting (in relation to waste); and
• Supporting in business development.
· BEng, BSc, MEng, or MSc in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant discipline would be preferred: however, significant operation and commissioning experience will be accepted as an alternative.
· Minimum of five years experience in the operation and commissioning of waste processing plant (including Materials Recycling Facilities).
· Experience of projects.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.