£40000 - £45000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8946
about 1 year ago
The successful candidate will be a role model for ambitious engineers and technicians, designing works with values up to £100million and ensuring that they are delivered to the highest technical standards and quality targets. The current workload includes a number of significant projects in London and across southern England for National and Local private and public sector Clients.
Senior Engineers will be responsible to Senior Project Managers and will be expected to advise Clients, Senior Managers and other team members regarding optimum technical solutions.
- Providing technical support on highway infrastructure projects from an up to date knowledge of highway engineering and the process and techniques involved in highway design and scheme development.
- Supporting the Practice Manager and Project Managers on technical aspects of designs from project initiation through to completion.
- Undertaking the technical lead role on projects ensuring robust technical solutions.
- Undertaking checking and assisting with technical reviews of projects.
- Mentoring and supporting team members and taking responsibility for the technical development of staff.
- Liaising with Clients- determining their drivers and ensuring excellent service delivery.
- Solving engineering problems.
- Preparing design resource estimates.
- Developing construction cost estimates.
- Co-ordinating design with other specialists.
- Experience in using proprietary software for highways design, drainage and others as appropriate to deliver technically robust designs.
- Supporting in business development and winning work
- Incorporated or Chartered Engineer, or working toward Chartership
- BEng or MEng.
- Expertise and experience in all aspects of highway alignment design including links and all types of junctions
- A thorough understanding of the technical standards relating to highways design with experience in identifying and seeking approvals for departures in standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project with a track record of successfully delivering technically robust projects of varying values.
- Expertise in standard detailing for the elements of a highway engineering project including, but not limited to those in the HCD.
- Experience of client interface in conjunction with other senior staff.
- Proven ability to advise clients, managers and other team members on technical matters.
- Proven ability to co-ordinate design with other specialists (such as exterior lighting, geotechnical, structures, signals, environment, landscaping, transport planning etc.)
- Proven ability to coach and develop team members including planning, monitoring and controlling their work.
- Experience in highway drainage design including flood storage and environmental considerations.
This is a permanent role with a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
Should you be interested in hearing more about the role, or know of anyone who has the experience required and is looking for their next position, then please do not hesitate to get in touch with me.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.