£25 - £30 per hour
+44 (0)151 666 8972
about 1 year ago
Our Client is an International Multi disciplined Consulting Engineering Company, a contract opportunity has arisen within their Infrastructure business in Bristol.
They have two requirements for Town Planning Consultants (with DCO experience) to work in their Planning & Environmental Consenting division in Bristol. Candidates to start ASAP. A job description is provided below but if more junior candidates (with DCO experience) are available then this will be a consideration.
2x Planning Consultants with some DCO experience - (1 x 6 month+, 1 x 12 month+ contract).
• Based at Client offices (Bristol) and contractors office (Bridgewater)
• To work with and advise a major contractor
• To assist in discharging DCO Requirements on time and to programme
• Advising on construction issues and the interplay with a DCO
A full-time, Planning consultant (as set out in our current job spec below):
• Identification, development and pursuit of new business and marketing opportunities in a range of sectors
• Preparation of tender responses
• Preparation of planning applications and supporting documents
• Provision of planning advice to external and internal clients
• Management, including financial management, of projects
• A relevant planning degree
• Chartered membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute
• Relevant post qualification experience in a planning role
• A sound, in-depth knowledge of planning law and procedures, including the changing planning system at national and local levels
• Experience in the management and delivery of multi-disciplinary planning projects
• Proven ability to manage budgets
• Capability to work alongside and co-ordinate a range of technical specialists providing input into planning submissions and EIAs
• Consultancy experience is an advantage, as is a need to demonstrate commercial expertise.
The successful applicant must be flexible and self-motivated and be expected to demonstrate the following:
• Good communication skills, with ability to draft reports to a high standard
• Ability to work under pressure, and have proven success in meeting tight deadlines
• Confident team worker, but able to work with limited supervision
• Commercial awareness and business development skills.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.