£30000 - £35000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8957
7 months ago
Deeside, Flint, Holywell, Connahs Quay, Chester, North Wales, North West
FMCG Food Manufacturer
A FMCG food manufacturer is currently seeking a Senior Development Chef to manage and maintain the on-going development of new and existing and quality products primarily in support of the Company Sales Plan for the client accounts. You will require a proven track record of blue sky innovation within a manufacturing environment to be considered for this position.
Senior Development Chef Key responsibilities:
- Blue sky thinking – product development
- Initiate and undertake market research
- Ensure compliance of all relevant Health & Safety, Food Hygiene and Environmental Legislation.
- Identify market niches and opportunities to which existing products could be tailored and new products developed
- Liaise closely with the Commercial, Production, Purchasing, Finance, Technical and other departments to ensure consistency within the development of new and existing products
- Review and evaluate the success of new products and product enhancements.
- Undertake effective liaison with external, internal customers/contacts, to support product development activities.
- Liaise with the buying department, including assisting in sourcing of raw materials, which add value to the product whilst maintaining the necessary margins
- Co-ordinate and ensure adherence to the NPD Critical Path Planning Framework.
- Be responsible for communicating recipes to Finance within appropriate timescales and responding to any queries as appropriate, liaising with the relevant function to achieve a solution and therefore closing out the query
- Submit recipes with costings on time and in full
- Arrange and co-ordinate product samples, requirements and deliveries.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.