+44 (0)151 666 8929
3 months ago
Quality Assurance Lead
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Lead to support the QA Manager in the delivery of QA and QC activities. Activities include; provision of documented management systems and their associated processes of internal audit, condition and non-conformance handling, and management review; preparation and review of supplier specifications; supplier evaluation and approval; supplier audit and monitoring; interactions with counterparts outside of the UK and the end client.
- The QA Lead is accountable for their effective communication and coordination with stakeholders which include other areas of the business, the client and the supply chain.
- The QA Lead may be allocated sole responsibility for certain activities for which they will therefore be accountable.
- The QA Lead is responsible for the following in support of the QA Manager:
- Preparation review and amendment of manuals, policies and procedures of the Quality Management System
- Planning, implementation and performing internal audits as Lead Auditor
- Supporting development of relevant inputs for Management Review
- Monitoring and reporting on status of condition reports and non-conformance's both internally and in the supply chain
- Contributing input to monthly reports
- QA review of Purchase Specification and preparation of relevant QA requirements
- Review of supplier submitted documents, procedures and specifications
- Planning, implementation and reporting of supplier desktop evaluations including PQQ evaluation
- Planning, performing and reporting as Lead Auditor on supplier audits
- Planning, implementation and coordination of supplier inspections and tests (e.g. witness points), Inspection Agency, the client and their ITPIA
- Developing and planning arrangements for Expediting
- Receipt, review, distribution and retention of Inspection & Test reports
- Champion for IT systems QP Channel and CAP-10
- Preparation and review/checking of QA deliverables related to meeting customer Task Orders/contract requirements
- Supporting interaction with QA counterparts
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline, or a technical engineering qualification e.g. HND, HNC, HTC in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Chartered membership or membership of an Institute of Engineering
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Training or equivalent
- Technical requirements of ASME Section III and principles of NQA-1 (desirable)
The role holder shall have the following:
- In-depth understanding of Quality Management Systems and how they are developed and implemented
- Understanding of supply chain strategies and full understanding of approaches for control of quality within the supply chain
- Knowledge of a range of manufacturing techniques and application of special processes
- Good working knowledge of the UK nuclear industry and UK specific nuclear industry requirements (desirable)
- Understanding of technical requirement of ASME Section III
- Ten years’ experience in QA and engineering in a highly regulated industry
- Five years’ experience as an Auditor in QA in a highly regulated industry
- Intermediate IT skills – typically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and use of databases
- Competent and effective auditor for internal and supplier purposes
- Written skills for preparation of QMS documents and report generation
- Flexibility in working hours and willingness to travel.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.