£30000 - £32500 per annum, Benefits: Pension, OT, Holiday, Attendance Bonus, Share Options
+44 (0)151 666 8952
7 months ago
£30-32.5k + 21days + bank holidays, Pension, Attendance bonus, Share options, Overtime
24/7 continental 2 days, 2 nights, 2 off repeat 4 times, followed by 10 days off, 7am/7pm and vice versa.
A great opportunity to work for one of the leading manufacturers in the area, part of business with over 16k employees and operating over 40 sites in 6 countries who are looking to expand their current engineering team.
If you have worked within an FMCG, Food, Automotive or General Manufacturing business conducting mechanical maintenance then please feel free to get in touch.
Our clients manufacturing process involves using blow moulding and rotational moulding machinery, and will require you to form part of the shift maintenance team, covering mechanical PPM and reactive maintenance across multiple production lines. It’s a fast paced production environment with over 30 different lines running across 3 production halls.
This role reports into the Engineering Manager on site and will join a team of over 10 engineers in the department.
- Attend breakdowns, identify faults and problem solve, with minimal downtime to
- Carry out diagnosis of faults, the maintenance and repairs to all types of plant and
- equipment in a safe and timely manner
- Following site rules and relevant health and safety legislation at all times
- Identify and escalate any activity that has potential to cause harm or damage
- Report breakdown root causes, equipment faults and concerns through the
- departmental reporting system
- Ensure all work is undertaken to a high quality standard and adheres to all quality
- standard regulations
- Assist in the development of planned preventative maintenance (PPM) schedules
- Assist with the moving, installation, repositioning of machines and equipment
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement activities
- Conducting maintenance on hydraulics, pneumatics, bearings, conveyors, pulleys, drives etc
Time served/Apprentice trained mechanical engineer/technician
NVQ or C&G Level 3 or Equivalent
Manufacturing Industry Experience
PPM and Reactive Maintenance Knowledge
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.