Highly competitive salary + 39 days holiday
+44 (0)151 666 8968
about 1 month ago
As soon as possible
Highly competitive salary plus 39 days holiday
Based in Cheshire - close to M6, M56 and M62 motorway links
A multinational chemical company is looking to appoint a Laboratory Manager to run their Product Development Laboratory at their team in Cheshire. This lab is responsible for the development of polymer and catalyst products on site in Cheshire before they are scaled up for plant trials both in the UK then overseas at their sites in Indonesia and Brazil.
This role will create a link between the Laboratory and the Product Development Manager who has now moved into more of a corporate role and does a lot of travelling so isn’t available as much for the day to day duties on site.
The position will involve being hands on in the Laboratory, the day to day management of 2 Product Development Chemists, writing reports, communicating with their clients when needed and liaising with the Product Development Manager. The ideal candidate will have a Material Science background and experience across similar business areas. The facility manufactures Catalysts and Polymers additives.
- Reporting to the Product Development Manager, the role of the Project Manager is to organise, and execute key product development and technical service project programs to support the business. The job holder will be responsible for day to day supervision of up to 2 technical staff in the Laboratory will assist with coordination of pilot and main plant manufacturing trials at the site but also overseas in Indonesia and Brazil. There may be a need from time to time for some external travel to these 2 sites and also to provide technical support to their customers.
- The Laboratory team handles between 10 - 20 development projects continuously.
- In addition the lab team handles up to 10 - 15 technical service based projects per month, each typically involving around £100,000 – £500,000 value projects and the sample despatch activities (<25kg) for all products from the site.
- The team is fully responsible for the maintenance and safety of the equipment in the laboratory areas.
- A BSc /MSc educated Materials Scientist/Engineer with demonstrable experience of various types of polymer extrusion equipment principally those involved with additive compounding and polymer film manufacture. Ideally has prior hands-on experience of the operation of extrusion equipment.
- Excellent supervisory skills and ability to execute a number of technical projects simultaneously. Flexibility re working hours will be required due to plant trial activities and travel requirements.
For further details and to apply please contact Johnathan Miller on 0151._ 666._ 8925 and johnathanm (at) scantec. co. uk
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.