£55000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: £4,000 p/a Car allowance, Healthcare, Pension scheme and more
+44 (0)151 666 8960
11 days ago
This could be the perfect opportunity to for an experienced Lead/Managing Quantity Surveyor to take the next step.
You will be working within the Infrastructure division of the business which spans across the Midlands. This organisation are at the forefront of multi-billion pound projects and programmes covering Transportation, Utilities, Power and Defence
This is a very exciting time to join the team, with a strong and diverse client base with multiple secured long term frameworks. The regional ambition for growth is second to none, with huge opportunities for high calibre professionals to join the team and build a fulfilling career.
They have a dynamic, motivated and ambitious culture with a proven track record of developing staff and promoting from within, giving their people the opportunity to challenge themselves and exceed their expectations. In addition, they have a 100% success rate in supporting employees through their APC.
- Managing the NEC3 form of contract, change control, cost forecasting and reporting, cost control, procurement/ tendering and risk management.
- Ensure commissions are managed to the right quality standards and are completed efficiently and on time
- Build strong relationships with clients and cross-functional team members
- Lead the team effectively (where appropriate) within the context of delivering a specific commission
- General line management responsibilities
- Ensure business development opportunities with existing and new clients, including cross- selling opportunities, are identified and acted upon
- Keep margin levels and monthly fee/resource forecasts are kept track of on all commissions
- Key information and data is effectively cascaded and appropriately retained
- Prepare Cost Management reports
- Working with Directors to construct proposals for new work or variations for existing projects
- Identifying opportunities to improve cost management procedures, templates and products
- Knowledge management – Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each commission is inputted into internal databases and shared
- Process improvement – Identifying and acting upon ways to improve internal systems and processes
- Quality Control – Ensuring compliance with quality standards and participation in ISO audits
- Working with Directors to construct bids for new work
- Attending relevant networking event and other promotional opportunities with Directors
- Financial management – Utilising the tools provided keep track of the ongoing margin levels and monthly fee/resource forecasts for each commission Skills Required
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline
- Excellent communicator
- Open to new challenges
- Can do attitude
- Proven experience within Quantity Surveying or Cost/Commercial Management within the relevant sectors (main contractor backgrounds considered)
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.