£40000 - £55000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8946
6 months ago
Reporting remotely in to the Head of Building Control, the Structural Engineer must be able to work autonomously and previous experience within High Rise structures is essential.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To undertake assessments of Structural designs for a wide range of building types, including high rise. This will include reviews from philosophy to detailed calculations.
- Initial and ongoing liaison with developers/clients – offer technical advice and guidance.
- Ongoing liaison with Project Managers/Co-ordinators and surveyors on technical matters – must ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
- To complete site inspections on complex schemes to determine compliance with the agreed design, particularly high rise frames.
- To provide technical advice on claims as well as undertaking site inspections and assessments on more complex claims to assess causes and identify remedial works.
- To provide advice to the Marketing and Underwriting Departments on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
Experience / Skills
- Qualified Engineer (CEng. MIStructE, or similar).
- Post qualification experience is essential.
- In depth technical knowledge of Structural Engineering principles applicable to Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
- Experience across a broad range of building structures, previous experience with high rise structural frames would be a distinct advantage.
- Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
- Understanding of Building Regulations and associated legislation.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess compliance with the approved design, Technical Manual, and Codes of Practice;
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Experience of Relationship Management.
- Excellent Communications skills.
- Flexible in personal approach
- Full UK driving licence and access to a car for business use
The role is Home based, with UK travel required. There are business sites in London where the successful candidate will have access for any office based requirements.
Should you be interested in the role and have the specified skills, please apply today or call Sophie on 0151 666 8946
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.