£42000 - £50000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8972
about 1 year ago
Salaries: Between £42.5K and £50K depending on the individual candidate’s experience.
Our Client has been established for 25 years, they specialise in Civil / Structural / Building Services and Geotechnical Engineering.
Due to continued growth, they are currently looking for a Senior Structural Engineer and a Principal Structural Engineer to assist in dealing with an increase in workload and the further development and expansion of the team in Leeds and the Firm in general.
They are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic candidate to manage and work on the design of various structural engineering projects. These projects predominantly cover the north of England, centred on Leeds, but will occasionally include sites across the UK.
The posts are within the structural engineering team which is responsible for the structural design of building for commercial, industrial, health, leisure, retail and residential sectors. The candidate should have experience with both new build and refurbishment projects.
You will be proficient in the design of all structural materials and possess a sound knowledge of construction methods, health and safety, and legal regulations. A working knowledge of the Eurocodes and Finite Element Analysis packages is essential.
You will preferably be a Chartered Structural Engineer (MIStruct E) and have a minimum 5 years post chartered design experience. You should be eligible to live and work in the UK and will ideally have at least 10 years previous UK based consultancy experience within this field of work.
You must be motivated and enthusiastic and will possess:-
• Capability to work independently or with the design team.
• Ability to effectively delegate work to others and act in a mentoring role to less experienced staff.
• Knowledge and understanding of current technical standards.
• Financial management skills in assessing potential projects and preparing fee quotes.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Previous experience in dealing with clients and attending design team meetings.
• Ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
• Commitment to continued professional development.
• Hold a full UK Driving Licence.
In return our Client offers a competitive remuneration package which includes the following rewards and benefits:-
• 26 days paid annual leave, comprising your birthday, 22 flexible days, and 3 days fixed over the Christmas period. In addition, 8 bank holidays are provided, and the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days additional leave.
• Flexible working hours
• Free on-site parking
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Chartered Professional fees paid
• Enrolment under the "Simply Health" benefit scheme after 6 months service
• Childcare vouchers under the Busy Bees Scheme
• Cycle scheme
• Social activities
• Bi-Annual Bonus Scheme
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.