+44 (0)151 666 8933
about 1 month ago
We specialise in the design and development of specialised equipment to be used with harsh and potentially hazardous environments including Nuclear. The successful candidate should work as part of the team, be flexible in their approach to work, and fulfil any reasonable request to do any task that arises and is within your capability. However, the information below provides details on the key responsibilities of your role:
- Produce innovative mechanical designs centred on functionality, simplicity and economy
- Rapidly develop suitable design solutions, avoiding multiple design / analysis / prototype iterations using a thorough base understanding of mechanical design, fabrication and assembly methods suitable for a low volume manufacturing environment
- Use 3D CAD (Solidworks) to design components, systems and assemblies to a defined specification, and acceptance standards within the hours and time specified with due consideration of product life cycle stages, from concept to disposal.
- Design components to include sheet metal, welded section, machined items, small and large fabrications
- Maintain accurate design records and maintain drawing issue control.
- Assess prototypes for correct fit and function.
- Assess the strength of components using hand calculations and simple FEA
- Prepare documentation for design reviews and incorporate design review feedback.
- Use the EPDM system to store and issue drawings.
- Revise or amend existing designs and drawings to meet new requirements
- Work with other team members to provide the optimal team output.
- Liaise with company supply chain subject matter experts and suppliers in order to source new components.
- Effectively communicate with all members of company staff
- Effectively communicate with customers and suppliers.
- Deal with problems and challenge efficiently and effectively
- Effective administration – keep business information updated, easily accessible and secure in line with agreed security classification and markings
- A ‘thinking performer’ – challenge/question the way things are done to find and implement improvements to the way we work and proactively share knowledge. Don’t accept the status quo.
- Use initiative. Is self-motivated. Proactive not reactive.
- Continuously improve skills and behaviour
- Embody the company values.
- Approachable and dependable
- Able to lead and mentor
- Logical and thorough
- Able to work effectively and calmly under pressure to meet deadlines and control budgets
- Driven to consistently achieve the right quality in all that he/she does
Key Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of a range of automotive systems and associated design considerations
- Nuclear industry experience
- 3D Cad skills preferably with SolidWorks, although adaptation training will be given.
- Engineering draughting experience for detail components and assemblies.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good communication skills (verbal, including presentations and written, including report writing) at all levels including suppliers and customers.
- Able to readily adapt to different software (CAD packages, FEA, etc).
- Minimum of HNC qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or related discipline.
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.