+44 (0)151 666 8943
4 days ago
Multi Skilled Engineer - summary of key responsibilities:
- Plan work & resources to complete PPM to schedule and within specified time frame
- Attend breakdowns to Bakery equipment, site services and facilities ensuring that permanent fix is made to standard
- Apply problem solving and Continuous improvement techniques to resolve operating problems and recommend and implement improvements
- Maintain and apply a level of technical expertise across the Bakery sufficient to act as a point of reference for team members & colleagues, to resolve complex problems of repair/fix and give technical direction..
- Effective use of the CMMS to record all defects identified corrective active actions, parts and contractor’s requests.
- Attend the daily departmental meeting to arrange times to complete specific work orders, highlight outstanding work orders that can be completed by Tech Ops.
- Adhere to site technical standards and policies and records any deviation from standards to include actions taken.
- Ensure a dynamic food safety risk assessment is undertaken prior to commencing any task. When risks have been highlighted sufficient controls must be put in place and the Engineering hand back procedure followed.
- Ensure a dynamic health and safety risk assessment is undertaken prior to commencing any task.
Rotating: (Sat–Tue: 18:30–06:45 / Sat–Mon: 18:30–06:45)
You will be a Maintenance Engineer or Multi Skilled engineer with experience of working in a fast paced manufacturing environment. You will hold a recognised apprenticeship and good academic qualifications in either electrical engineering or mechanical engineering (NVQ Level 3 minimum). You will have experience of mechanical and electrical fault finding using PLC’s and Inverters. Experience of working in a food manufacturing environment is advantageous.
Bodmin, Okehampton, Plymouth, Cornwall, Devon, South West
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.