If you are an experienced Printer with Offset Lithographic experience, apply now for an immediate response!
Scantec recruitment are working with a leading Print Packaging business to recruit a Printer for their site based in Newcastle. The successful candidate would be responsible for running one or more print and /or varnish lines to achieve the qualitative and quantitative targets in printed/varnished sheet coats. Your role would be to ensure that the print lines are in pristine condition and small preventive and corrective maintenance tasks are performed effectively, constantly considering all related safety aspects in the process.
25 days annual leave plus stats
7x death in service
Company funded health cash plan
Fantastic company pension scheme
Working Hours / Shifts:
- Usual Working Hours – 3 Shift System (Monday to Friday) – Earlies; 6-2 Mon-Thurs 6-1 Fri. Backs; 2-10 Mon – Thurs 1-7:30 Fri. Nights; 10-6 Mon-Thurs
- During the summer months July-August, there would be a slight change to the working hours as they move to a continental pattern foe 3 months to cover a peak period.
Printer - Brief summary of responsibilities:
- Identify and implement print line and process improvements.
- Ensures the lines are safe to operate.
- Ensures that the required materials to set up and run the print lines are available on time in full.
- Sets up, adjusts and runs the print lines.
- Contribute towards training line staff and apprentices.
- Monitors line efficiency, downtime, contributing to relevant action plans in order to improve it, when required.
- Ensures that all quality controls are taking place and that line spoilage, isolations and customer complaints are constantly under review, including the necessary actions to improve.
- Ensures proper implementation of the required WCP standards.
- Ensures daily maintenance of the machines(oiling, greasing, cleaning housekeeping) and work areas.
- Involved in technical projects when required.
Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience within a Printing role/similar.
- Offset print qualification (
- At least 2 years’ experience in an manufacturing environment
- Good knowledge of Safety, hygiene and quality procedures
- Knowledge of MS Office and Outlook