Scantec Recruitment have partnered with a leading FMCG Manufacturer who have multiple sites in the UK. We’re partnering with them to assist in their search for a new Electrical Bias Engineer for their Bathgate site.
They will offer full training and on-boarding, so any sector experience will be considered. We're also open to applications from Electricians and Technicians as well as those newly qualified. Experience in food or FMCG manufacturing is not essential as full training will be given.
They will also fund any engineering training courses required.
The successful engineer would be looking into continuous improvement measures, as well as being involved in the commissioning of new equipment. This role is key in ensuring the busy production units are kept operational and effective, ensuring a continued supply of products to customers.
Shifts: 4 on 4 off days and Nights – 7 am to 7 pm / 7 pm to 7 am
Summary of core responsibilities:
- Communicate standards for the condition, maintenance and facilities of equipment and the fabric of the building to the Engineering Team Leader.
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance requirements of the site as necessary. This will include repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Ensure all machinery and equipment are in good working order and comply with the current health & safety standards and legislation at all times.
- Work as a part of the production team to maximise plant performance and to ensure basic maintenance checks are completed as scheduled.
- Assist in maintenance projects and reduce the cost through improved efficiency and waste reduction.
- Be able to keep good working relationships and communicate efficiently with the team.
- Carry out preventive maintenance work on food manufacturing equipment.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation is completed accurately, i.e., shift reports, plant and equipment maintenance checks, incident investigations etc.
- Life Insurance - 4x salary
- 24 days holiday + stats
- On-site parking
- Pension Scheme
- Bonus scheme