Senior Electrical Engineer – Nuclear/ Defence – Berkshire - Permanent Role
Due to rapid and continued growth, an opportunity has arisen for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join a leading contract organisation, delivering consultancy services, engineering solutions and site operation support, to some of the UK’s leading Defence contractors.
This role will suit a Senior Electrical Engineer who enjoys a hybrid delivery role on high complexity projects. The Senior Engineer will be responsible for an aspect of a £750m Defence programme, and the role will appeal to someone with a background in the Nuclear and Defence related industry sectors.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will support the coordination of design based activities, delivery of design reviews for the project, and requirements to deliver scope of change to electrical distribution.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Production, review and checking of Electrical project documentation
- Input int SSoW and ITP Production in coordination with the Construction Manager
- Scheme and Calculation production in Trimble to support design
- Coordinate site activities
- Implementation of Change Control and TQ Processes
- Inspection and LTQR (lifetime quality records) evidence collection
- Attendance at Project meetings and weekly project progress meetings
- Support and liaison with client and subcontractors
Qualifications and Skills
- Working knowledge of relevant standards/codes/directives
- Experience of working in a regulated design environment
- Communicate effectively in a regulated design environment
- Trimble Cable Calc proficient
- HNC/HND Engineering qualification
- Previous experience of critical life safety alarm systems desirable
- CEMAR (contract event management reporting) and/or NEC3/NEC4 (new engineering contract) contract experience is beneficial
Nuclear industry experience is desirable. SC clearance is essential and DV clearance is desirable.
The Senior Electrical Engineer must be prepared to attend and work from site, as required, due to site delivery of projects.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer who celebrate and embrace diversity and commitment to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community who will continue to contribute to their success and innovation.