Based: Hemswell, Near Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
Salary is dependant on experience.
Days, Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5pm (some flexibility is required outside of core hours).
A leading FMCG manufacturer near Gainsborough is currently seeking a Quality Engineer as part of their recent site investment, growth and on-going development. This company have a fantastic development driven culture and can offer full training and guidance for you to progress and develop your career.
This is a brand new role created to support this continued growth. You will have the opportunity to both support and deputise for the Quality Manager with all aspects of quality across the site.
The key area of this role is to ensure compliance of inbound and outbound materials, whilst reviewing production processes to ensure that performance is optimum.
Quality Engineer Responsibilities:
- Inspection, sampling and testing of raw materials, including yield assessments
- Working alongside suppliers to improve supply of materials
- Complete testing of process control samples and final product release
- Review the process, recommend and implement areas of improvement
- Auditing processes against SOP’s
- Ensure that outgoing material is correctly despatched and within compliance
- Work alongside customers to build relationships and ensure that their needs are fully understood and satisfied
- Provide reports on performance, including right first time
- Assist investigations into observations and complaints to ensure that the root cause is identified and preventative actions are implemented
- Provide cover for the Quality Manager, Quality Assurance Technician and Quality Control Technicians
- Carry out a weekly stock take of all lab consumables and order when needed
- Support the Quality Manager and other teams with on-going Quality projects
For this role, Ideally you will have a qualification within quality improvement / assurance or some experience of working within a similar role. A manufacturing background or sector experience would be advantageous. Some familiarisation of ISO 9001 and internal auditing. Experience of quality testing and using problem solving techniques to determine root cause.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.