Mon-Fri, Days, 7.30am - 4pm but there is flexibility on your core hours.
Base salary increases at probationary review.
Due to an internal promotion, a leading manufacturer is currently seeking a Days based PPM engineer. The purpose of the role is to provide days based breakdown & preventative maintenance support on all the conveyors in your designated area to achieve high levels of conveyor reliability and production capability across a 24/7 operational plant.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Ensure that the conveyors are maintained both proactively and reactively to deliver safe and reliable operation in line with planned production requirements.
- Maintain the highest standards of housekeeping (within specified areas)
- Ensure all recording systems for work completion are correctly compiled with all relevant information detailed
- Assist the Engineering Supervisor in minimising machine down time by proposing & introducing improved maintenance programmes & continuous improvement ideas.
- Timely completion of all relevant plant PPM schedules and to provide support for all site wide PPM programs
- Ensure good communication avenues are prevalent between the Engineering Teams & the Operational teams
- Work as part of a multi-functional Mechanical / Electrical on-site Team
Good academic qualifications (i.e. C&G or NVQ in a Mechanical Engineering discipline) Apprentice trained & qualified. You would need to have a good level of experience in a similar role and have good Conveyor Maintenance experience,
We're looking for experience of fault finding, breakdown repairs, completion of Preventative Maintenance routines on Mechanical aspects of various manufacturing production equipment.
20 days holidays
Attendance Bonus £25 per week after 12 weeks for new starters
£500 new starter payment after 12 weeks
Plant bonus runs from 1st Nov to 31st Oct.
Overtime at double time
Free Vending for all hot drinks.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.