This role will suit a Senior Project Manager who enjoys a hybrid delivery role on high complexity projects. You will be running anywhere between 8-15 live projects, varying from £500k-£7million. Leadership and engagement skills will be key to this position, requiring someone who has been customer facing in high pressured environments delivering projects to challenging stakeholders.
The successful Senior Project Manager will be held accountable for both management activities as well as delivery commitments.
- Bid and proposal writing
- Support bid development, including designated authority for approval of delivery proposals, and allocation of resources, prior to works moving in to the delivery phase
- Line management and leadership responsibility for local PM resources to ensure a high quality of PM services are being delivered regionally
- Provision of direction and leadership to senior regional SPM team on matters relating to PMA operational initiatives, goals and performance targets
- Ensure optimal performance of local region in terms of utilization and billability of personnel, training and development, and health and welfare of staff
- Ensure financial performance is managed to achieve maximum revenue and profitability of the projects (supported by the Project Controls function)
Key skills and experience
- Strong leadership skills to influence and engage a full project team
- Project Management professional qualification (e.g. APMP, Diploma APMP, IPMA Level D)
- Demonstrable experience of successfully leading and delivering medium-large scale/complex projects
- Change management and implementing this process in a complex programme environment
- Eligibility to obtain SC level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment, financial and criminal record checks plus 5 years’ worth of UK residency).
This company offers hybrid working, and would suit somebody in a commutable distance to either Cumbria, Preston or Warrington.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer who celebrate and embrace diversity and commitment to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community who will continue to contribute to their success and innovation.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.