The successful NPD / Product Development Manager will have previous food manufacturing experience ideally within the ambient / long life category or liquid fill environment. You will have a ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to liaise closely with a range of internal and external customers.
Responsibilities of the NPD / Product Development Manager include:
- Drive customer NPD brief management
- Work closely with and build relationships with Sales, Purchasing and Marketing to ensure all products are commercially viable.
- Monitor current trends and consumer food behaviours
- Understand and work to customer Brand Standards and CPs.
- Competitor product analysis, bench marking market, product design, product matching, sensory analysis, recipe optimisation, supplier rationalisation and optimisation programmes.
- Provide recipes, food intolerance data, relevant raw material specifications and costing information
- Customer presentations and reports.
- Drive factory liaison in terms of process development, production trials, recipe manufacture, and ingredient training.
- Support the NPD Controller in the planning, development & creation of the medium & long-term Innovation Pipeline.
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.