£28000 - £37000 per annum
The Specifications Technologist is responsible for completing finished goods specs for pre-packed goods to the retailer system and ensuring HACCP and Food Safety procedures and documentation is in place for the new ranges. The Specifications Technologist / Technical Coordinator will also support the wider technical team in the preparation of Audits, and support Commercial, Production and NPD with customer technical queries.
You will have previous technical administration and finished goods specification writing experience within a food processing / packing environment with HACCP & Food Safety Level 2 qualifications. Experience in using retailer specification systems is required, M&S systems highly desirable.
Responsibilities of the Specifications Technologist / Technical Coordinator include:
• Fulfilling customer system requirements
• Checking that bill of materials matches range documentation and specification
• Review of customer systems for updates of Codes of Practice
• Completion of Quality Attribute sheets and any other technical documentation required
• Checking artwork and packaging against agreed Pack copy, Legal and Company requirements and Ingredient Specifications ensuring any non-compliance is reported and followed up
• Support the Commercial team with technical input and dialogue
• Analytical reporting of customer metrics
• Quality assurance data; collection and dissemination to the wider business
• Support to ensure technical/quality systems remain robust and up to date
• Participation in internal audit schedule and traceability exercises
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.