£40k Double Days, Pension, Occupational Health, Regular Overtime.
Shift – 6am - 2pm and 2pm – 10pm rotating shifts Monday – Friday 37.5hours per week
Are you a maintenance engineer looking for a days based role, with no nights or weekend requirements? Our client are looking for a motivated, self starter with drive to push forward in their career and help continue the high standard set by our clients Engineering team. Our client have over 120 years or history in manufacturing supplying a range of clients in the Uk retail sector and due to a engineer relocating abroad have an opining in their days team for a new Maintenance Engineer.
If you have an interest in working in an innovative site, working as part of a multiskilled maintenance team then this role could appeal. Background wise were looking for an engineer with a mechanical bias, preferably with some electrical competency (17th/18th edition would be great), suited to someone who is looking at working on a days basis on a really good rate for 8 hour shifts.
- Responsible for the mechanical and some electrical maintenance of all production equipment.
- Ensure that any mechanical problems are rectified as a priority.
- To maintain a wide range of production equipment and machinery installations.
- Fault finding and repair of all plant, machinery, and equipment
- Carry out checks and inspection of plant, machinery, and equipment.
- Liaising closely with production team.
- Participating in capital expenditure projects to increase outputs and improve efficiencies. Development and introduction of a formalised preventative maintenance program.
- To gain a wide, in depth knowledge of the current production facility, equipment and processes
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to maximise machine utilisation, decrease cycle times, and improve labour recoveries and also introduce improvements yourself.
- Involvement in capital expenditure and continuous improvement projects.
- Ensuring all equipment meets company and legal health & safety requirements.
- Communicating unscheduled downtime to the Site Head Engineer and the reasons with solutions.
- All works performed following a 'clean as you go' ethic in accordance with good manufacturing practise.
- Responsible for ensuring the workshop and individual toolboxes are maintained to the highest standards.
- Ensuring that engineering supplies requested are appropriate to engineering works being carried out.
- Managing engineering supplies inventory and re‐ordering when required in line with agreed budget.
- Development and introduction of a formalised preventative maintenance program with new Engineering manager. Moving to piranha later this year.
- More reactive maintenance based currently on site, with a view to moving to proactive in the future.
- Will either be a time served fitter/engineer or have a City & Guilds certificate (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering including at least 17th/18th Edition.
- Have experience in fault finding, repair and general maintenance of machinery, hydraulics, pneumatics, gearboxes, motors and other production associated systems.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to work positively in a team environment.
- Strong health and safety knowledge.
- Able to read schematic drawings and diagnose faults quickly & accurately.
- Competent using MIG, TIG and electric arc welding equipment. (beneficial not essential)
- Experienced in continuous improvements techniques preferred.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.