- Are you currently working within nuclear yet looking for a different type of challenge?
- Are you passionate about technology and delivering work to benefit society?
Due to the level of technical development and investment within the nuclear power sector, our client is seeking two Principal Mechanical Engineers to support them with the delivery of exciting and complex projects.
You’ll be joining an organisation where their solutions solve real-world problems.
As part of the engineering team, you’ll not only be able to get involved with a huge variety of projects. You will also have lots of opportunity to drive them through from concept right through to commissioning on site, allowing you to see the impact your work has in a real-world environment.
This is your chance to use your experience, expertise and ingenuity to collaborate with leading scientists.
You’ll be part of a team that delivers work to benefit society by advancing cleaner energy, protecting the environment and keeping everyone safe.
You will lead a team of multi-discipline engineers (including sub-contractors) in the definition, implementation and delivery of specified work that achieves safety, functional and business requirements.
To personally undertake some of the more complex design tasks as required and provide specialist engineering advice in the Mechanical engineering discipline.
- Troubleshoot/ Fault-find existing plant and equipment
- Ability to produce 2D and preferable 3D CAD drawings, using Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work to a quality assurance process to produce concept, preliminary, and detail design packages, including: Design Proposal Drawings, General Arrangement, Details, Calculations, and Design Support Documentation
- Ability to substantiate equipment designated as safety equipment in a building safety case, preferable to Sellafield
- An awareness of PUWER, CE Marking, the Machinery Directive, and Pressure Equipment Directive
The successful Principal Mechanical Engineer should have the following background/experience:
- Chartered preferred
- Degree in an Engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years design office experience.
- Experience working in the nuclear sector
- Knowledge of the legislative, regulatory, quality and environmental requirements relating to engineering projects
- Problem solving and solution seeking mindset
- Ability to achieve SC level clearance.
Excellent salary and benefits package
Our client is an equal opportunity employer who celebrate and embrace diversity and commitment to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community who will continue to contribute to their success and innovation.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.