£27-30k – Mon – Fr – 8am – 4pm, holiday, pension, additional benefits
An exciting opportunity to join the Production team of a fast moving manufacturing environment based in Liverpool.
This part of the production process will require someone with a background as a Team Leader/Production Supervisor, supporting the Production Manager to lead the team in the day to day management of the manufacturing area.
The role will involve being involved in production planning, material management, people management, quality control, lean manufacturing, HR and Health and Safety functions.
- Day-to-day management of their manufacturing area. Ensure that team members follow defined manufacturing procedures and comply with quality requirements.
- Ensure product is manufactured in line with daily targets, and in the correct sequence to agreed timescales, liaising with other departments where necessary
- Monitor the performance of the individuals to achieve efficiency, highlighting problem areas and suggested solutions
- Liaise with material pickers to ensure raw materials are provided on time in line with the agreed plan Communicate requirements and expectations to the team
- Ensure all planned due dates are achieved
- Resolve quality issues, and request replacement parts, ensuring they are delivered in time to achieve the plan
- Ensure compliance to the health and safety procedure, ensuring all daily machine logs are completed and all team members have full PPE on at all times
- Ensure all team members have the relevant training
- Keep areas of work clean and tidy to ensure operational efficiency
- To work within the team when the above duties are not required
- Any other reasonable duties as allocated by the management team and commensurate to the role
- Good solid experience of working in a busy production environment, ideally in a lead operator I team leader role
- IT literate to intermediate level
- Experience of leading small group activities
- Able to produce a good quality product with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work calmly, effectively and accurately in a challenging and fast paced environment
- Lead by example and communicate with clarity whilst demonstrating excellence in approach to work Understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure/cost of poor quality
- Ability to work accurately and methodically whilst under pressure and to deadline
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.