Turning over £780m last year, this organisation is going from strength to strength, growing and building upon success year on year. A diverse culture, an enviable level of chartership success, and promoting on ability and potential as opposed to tenure – what’s not to love!
Cost Engineers support major projects and organisations in the delivery of accurate and timely project information relating to performance against the project baselines. The cost engineer would drive the cost performance reporting for the project including all Earned Value Management metrics associated with key project commitments and expenditures.
- Development of project cost control data structures to accurately track and control actual costs
- Establishing and setting the project control budget aligned with agreed baselines
- The tracking of actual costs both for internal and external expenditure against the cost controls structures
- The tracking and control of project accruals and commitments against set budget constraints
- The build of project forecast to include for estimated work to complete (ETC) and the development of the estimate at complete (EAC)
- The accurate and timely reporting of all project information including Earned Value Management
- The tracking of project contingency and exposure associated with risk events and remaining risks on the project
- The tracking of project change control to ensure alignment with agreed baselines and control data structures
- The tracking of key project trends which can inform future change controls
Skills and experience required
- Ideally degree qualified in a relevant subject
- Delivered cost engineering across a range of major infrastructure projects, preferably across the full project lifecycle including for pre-investment decision, design development, execution, and commissioning phases.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer who celebrate and embrace diversity and commitment to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community who will continue to contribute to their success and innovation.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.