Scantec are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer for one of our most prestigious clients.
You will work within the project to work on engineered design solutions during the Construction and Commissioning phases.
Qualifications - ONC/OND or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline
Clearance: SC or DV
WFH: There will be some, but limited as access to on site network is required for technical data.
Requirements / Skills:
- Provide Mechanical Engineering Support to the Project
- To work within the project on engineered design solutions during the Construction and Commissioning.
- Provide suitable and sufficient competence for review of design issues against a set of suitable standards, and design solutions to support the creation of the supporting documentation.
- You will have experience of Mechanical Handling Designs, Basic Pressure Systems, Mechanical Services, Basic Structural Design (Eurocode 3) interaction with a Multidiscipline design team and a good understanding of configuration control.
- Progression and closeout of existing TQs & DCNs as a result of construction activities.
- Receive, assess and reply to construction TQs to enable physical build of the machine to continue and meet programme milestone dates.
- Process Design Changes as a result of Construction TQs, take changes through any required design review and design certificate sign off
- Update of documentation and drawings (utilising CAD support team) to baseline and substantiate design changes.
- Receive and assess Commissioning Reservations from a design engineering perspective. Take part in Test & Commissioning Panels as the Design Engineering Intelligent Customer.
- Process Design Changes as a result of Commissioning Reservations, take changes through any required design review and design certificate sign off
** Due to the nature of the projects, successful applicants will need to obtain UK security clearance therefore Scantec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK who hold a full UK passport.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.