We are open on ANY Engineering experience, background and skill-set, as full training provided. If you're an electrical Engineer, mechanical Engineer or multi-skilled with any bias, we want to hear from you!
In this role you will be responsible for reactive and planned maintenance as part of the multi-skilled engineering team. You will be able to contribute to ongoing continuous improvement plans as well as project and installation work. This is a multi-skilled role that will involve mechanical and electrical fault-finding and working on a range of manufacturing and high speed packaging machinery.
4on, 4off, Days & Nights
7am-7pm / 7pm-7am
Overtime: Lots available weekly, for those who want it... shift cover, installs, holidays & sickness. All overtime is paid at time & half.
Maintenance Engineer - Summary of core responsibilities:
- Optimum plant efficiency maintained or improved standards to maximise manufacturing
- Shift/daily reporting is accurate and timely though site’s reporting tools
- Involved in maintenance strategy through teamwork and individual projects
- Adhering and improving maintenance schedules
- Maintaining facilities as well as manufacturing equipment for efficiency and sustainability
- Supporting the maintenance strategy that ensures cost effective and safe availability and reliability of all assets (production and infrastructure)
- Adhering to practices to maintain a Food Safety and Quality focused mindset
- Suitable Mechanical / Electrical Engineering qualifications (Min SVQ Level 3 or equivalent)
- Proven track record of maintenance engineering
- Thorough understanding of PPM techniques
- Strong desire to learn and develop
- Positive attitude and Proactive approach to Problem solving.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.