A leading FMCG Manufacturer in Selby is seeking a Hygiene Operative to join their site Technical team, this is initially a 6 month contract, but is highly likely to become permanent. This is a new role into the structure due to growth and demand within the business.
This business has a fantastic, family culture and has excellent pay and benefits for employees. 10% matched pension.
Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm
40 hours per week
To maintain site hygiene standards to a level that meets both general safety standards, food safety and quality standards
Hygiene Operative - Role Accountabilities:
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly hygiene tasks. Note this involves the use of power cleaning equipment
- Operate in compliance with all health and safety cleaning procedures / policies, Risk and COSHH assessments and within the law – especially when dealing with hazardous cleaning materials
- Maintain Good Manufacturing Practice by following all procedures for cleaning within a food manufacturing company
- Complete cleaning consumables stock checks
- Complete one-off cleaning tasks as required
- Keeping abreast of new cleaning materials, helping develop new cleaning methods/ reviewing of existing procedures, completing trials, looking at literature / web
- Assist with hygiene issue resolution and continuous development of food safety and quality standards
- Participate in projects as required
- Attend and contribute to technical team meetings for the development of food safety systems.
- Assist with Chemical Safety and other Hygiene related training
- Maintain a close working relationship with Front Line Leads, QA, Production staffs and other relevant departments to successfully drive quality and safety forward.
- Work and promote working in a safe manner according to all company health and safety procedures and the law
We are seeking a candidate who has a minimum 1 years experience in a similar Hygiene operative role within an FMCG or food manufacturing environment. You would need to have experience of factory cleaning and have experience of maintaining cleaning schedules. A good knowledge of MS Packages for creating and updating cleaning cards.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.