£38,000 - £42,500
Are you an experienced Chemistry Manager looking for a new exciting opportunity in a company that are world specialists in metals and minerals. Their reputation for quality, service, reliability, and respect is known internationally and their dedication to their employees is at the heart of their business.
This role will be functionally responsible to the General Chemistry Head of Department in ensuring that the department/ section under the post holder’s responsibility operates at all times to the highest standard. Maintaining analytical excellence within the team to deliver a high-quality analytical service meeting reporting deadlines and client priorities.
In your new role you will be expected to maintain rigorous quality standards to ensure operations provide the highest level of services to your clients. This is achieved through compliance with industry standards and regulations for laboratory, inspection, and quality management, including ISO: IEC 17025, 17020, 9001, 14001 and 45001.
Your knowledge and experience:
- High level of expertise in the analysis of base and minor metals, and their associated elements, across a wide and varying range of commodities.
- Understanding and knowledge of general chemistry analysis and having the ability to pass this down via training this knowledge.
- Able to process large data sets to reach conclusions.
- Effective people management skills.
- Effective project management skills.
- Able to critically review technical information, spot root causes, and suggest solutions.
- High attention to detail.
- Substantial experience in a commercial analytical laboratory environment.
- A proven track record in people management.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.