23 days holiday plus + 8 bank holidays, excellent pension up to 12.5%, Life assurance 6x, annual bonus (around £500), Healthcare discounts, Overtime 1.5x
A fantastic opportunity for a Continuous Improvement Manager from a manufacturing background to join the senior leadership team on site in Penrith. This role comes at a time where the business is really growing and undergoing heavy investment including increased site capacity with new shifts to take them to a 24/7 plant.
This role will aim to identify and deliver improvements through the effective delivery of lean and six sigma initiatives to help achieve the sites productivity improvement targets.
This comes at a time when the business is really performing well, orders are breaking year on year records and therefore the continued investment in people and the business is necessary. The business have over 90 facilities worldwide and 5 Uk factories with around 1200 staff, so you’d be joining a business with real stability.
You will help every member of staff understand what good looks like and drive autonomous delivery of plans including a “win the hour, win the day” mentality. Continuous improvement will become embedded in the culture and the operation will achieve its JEM maturity goals under your leadership.
- To ensure adherence with all compliance standards and operate with integrity at all times.
- Work collaboratively with factory leaders to analyse key performance indicators and ensure improvement efforts are strategically aligned and adding value.
- Support and train employees to build and sustain a CI culture in plant – establish improvement as a way of life.
- Develop and deliver Productivity pipeline (improvement projects and savings).
- Plan and deliver CI projects to achieve business cost reduction targets.
- Be an ambassador for CI initiatives.
- Manage projects for approved CI programs by coordinating the necessary resources and setting controls to achieve the agreed objectives.
- Complete the reporting requirements for the CI function inline with the financial calendar and operational review process.
- The custodian of the plant Value Stream Maps – current and future state, facilitate annual reviews and keep maps up to date.
- Facilitate, coach and mentor cross-functional teams in developing skills and alignment with CI deliverables.
- Lead CI projects and Kaizen events to deliver sustained operational and functional improvement.
- Monitor the cost, schedule and progress of plant CI projects and events and take actions where appropriate.
- Previous experience and knowledge in Continuous Improvement/ Lean, preferably in manufacturing industry.
- Different kind of data handling and understanding – describe, collect, analyse and conclude.
- Experience in project management and change management.
- Good IT skills are essential.
- Experienced problem solver with proven ability to use quality tools to identify root causes and implement sustainable solutions to problems
- Experienced in development of training material, delivering coaching and facilitation of the training across all levels of the site.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.