Nuclear Security Clearance is ESSENTIAL for this role and must already be place and active (used within the last 12 months on a qualifying nuclear site)
Umbrella / CIS rates:
- Standard Rate: £29.56 (Mon-Fri up to 8hrs)
- Overtime: £39.69 (Mon-Fri over 8hrs, Sat AM)
- Overtime 2: £49.81 (Sat PM & Sun All Day)
- Lodging allowance: £50 per day
Working hours: 10-days on, 4-days off shift pattern – working approx. 11hrs/day (06:30-18:00)
Usually, site working hours are 06:30-18:00, but subject to change based on workload or specific requirements.
As a Mechanical Fitter, you will be working from engineering drawings, data, and documentation to undertake the manufacture, installation, testing, commissioning of mechanical equipment within a large Construction site.
This role will be wide-ranging and provides the opportunity to work in a heavily governed environment.
Skills and Experience:
- Time Served Mechanical Fitter with a recognised apprenticeship or equivalent
* Mechanical apprentice trained - Level 3 or above*
- Competence in reading and interpreting technical drawings and engineering standards/procedures is essential
- Ability to follow any relevant instructions, drawings, and any other quality standards/ specifications to be able to complete set tasks
- Experience in installing and mounting equipment, e.g., pumps, motors and rafts are essential
- Experience in installing mechanical joints is essential
- Experience in testing systems would be advantageous e.g., Pneumatic and Hydrostatic
- Experience in shield doors or mechanical handling equipment.
- CSCS card and experience of working on-site in a heavily regulated environment.
- Extremely desirable if you are multi-skilled: Eg have lifting or MEWP.
Desired qualifications, skills, and attributes:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of sites works
- First Aid Trained
- Strong communication skills
- Basic understanding of NEC suit of contracts
- Experience in nuclear site work
Please upload a copy of your updated CV to be considered for this role and i will be in touch.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.