Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical & Chemical
£35000 - £45000 per annum
Working closely with the Senior Buyer and Commercial Lead, the successful Buyer will be responsible for a c£20m spend portfolio managing a range of suppliers globally based. The successful Buyer will ideally have previous buying experience in a complex, fast paced manufacturing environment.
You may be an Assistant Buyer seeking a step up opportunity or a seasoned Buyer looking to utilse your experience in a global supplier market.
Responsibilities of the Buyer include:
• Managing spends across defined category
• Managing key stakeholder and supplier relationships
• Understand risk management of the procurement category
• Maintain, monitor and establish supplier contracts.
• Research & develop supply markets
• Maintain market information on price fluctuations, market trends etc
• To liaise with the Stock Control team to deliver the inbound and outbound service level
• Provide complete and accurate reports as required.
• Regular participation in internal project teams to ensure Buying team requirements and expertise are considered in all appropriate projects
• Represent, perform and act in the absence of the more senior member of the buying team on major issues / initiatives.
• Support delivery of NPD/EPD projects, including sourcing of new suppliers and ensuring the commercial viability of all projects.
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.