Are you an experienced Chemist looking to progress your career?
This is a great opportunity to join a leading waste to resource management company in Liverpool. A market leader and experts in handling hazardous and liquid waste, they're driven by sustainability, over 80% of waste received is either recycled or recovered. They pride themselves in offering industry-leading response times for their services and turning waste into energy, through innovative and sustainable solutions.
They're looking to add an eager and enthusiastic individual to their Team as a Site Chemist to aassist in the operation and maintenance of the transfer station and ensure equipment complies with all relevant Health, Safety & Welfare requirements and Environmental regulations.
- Assist in ensuring the health, safety and welfare of employees, contractors and visitors whilst they are on site or in associated areas
- Generation and completion of legal paperwork
- ADR transport and site work as required, subject to training
- Assist in the provision of risk assessments & method statements where appropriate
- Check and to process waste materials on reception, including segregation, bulking activity and cleaning
- Monitoring and maintaining correct waste storage levels
- General upkeep of plant and machinery, ensuring it is maintained and serviced in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Vehicle loading and unloading (inc operation of counterbalance forklifts where necessary)
- Travel to other locations on an ad-hoc basis as dictated by company requirements
- HNC in Chemistry or higher (Related Subjects e.g. Biology or Forensics will be considered where sufficient Chemistry modules were included)
- Experience in the Hazardous Waste Management Sector
- WAMITAB COTC
- FLT License
- IOSH/ NEBOSH safety qualification or similar
- Experience of directly interfacing with a client
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.