Our client is recruiting for talented Mechanical Design Engineers of all levels, looking to work on interesting and cutting edge engineering projects for the UK's nuclear defence programme.
The role is fully remote, with occasional travel to client sites as required.
- Production of design deliverables (e.g. drawings, reports or calculations) to agreed standards of safety, cost, quality and time
- Provide advice and guidance on issues appropriate to discipline area
- Keep abreast of developments in discipline area
- Develop the skills of others for the benefit of the company
- Contribute to the development and application of appropriate technical and managerial processes and systems in his/her work area, under supervision.
- Comply with all legislative, regulatory and company policy standards and processes applicable to the role.
- May supervise the output of more junior engineers and drafting resources (typically up to 2)
- Design office experience, working on mechanical system design in Inventor
- Autodesk Vault
- Producing drawings in Inventor to BS8888
- Worked within the nuclear industry within the last 3 years
- Knowledge of working in radioactive/contaminated areas (specifically R3-5)
- Hand calculation (or FEA) experience for design optimisation
- Multi discipline experience, specifically EC&I tie ins for mechanical systems
- Shielding design
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.