Defence, MOD & Aerospace
£40000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: 28 days holiday, up to 15% pension contribution, company bonus, private medical
Are you passionate about technology and delivering work to benefit society?
Then this role could be for you!
You’ll be joining an organisation where their solutions solve real-world problems.
Office locations also include Warrington and Preston
As part of our client’s Engineering team, you’ll not only be able to get involved with a huge variety of projects. You will also have lots of opportunity to drive them through from concept right through to commissioning on site, allowing you to see the impact your work has in a real-world environment.
Due to the level of technical development and investment within the nuclear power sector, our client is seeking additional Mechanical Engineering resource to support continued growth and success. These roles will be supporting the engineering teams in harnessing potential technologies and translate them in to industry-ready solutions.
- Design, build, development, testing, commissioning and on-site installation of active rigs and analytical equipment to support scientific research and development work in the nuclear industry.
- Troubleshoot/ Fault-find existing plant and equipment
- Ability to produce 2D and preferable 3D CAD drawings, using Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work to a quality assurance process to produce concept, preliminary, and detail design packages, including: Design Proposal Drawings, General Arrangement, Details, Calculations, and Design Support Documentation
- Ability to substantiate equipment designated as safety equipment in a building safety case, preferable to Sellafield
- An awareness of PUWER, CE Marking, the Machinery Directive, and Pressure Equipment Directive
The successful Mechanical Engineer should have the following background/experience:
- Degree / HND in an Engineering discipline with a minimum of 2 years design office experience.
- Experience working in the nuclear sector
- Knowledge of the legislative, regulatory, quality and environmental requirements relating to engineering projects
- Problem solving and solution seeking mindset
- Ability to achieve SC level clearance.
There are also opportunities available for Senior Mechanical Engineers, please reach out for more info! HelenL@scantec.co.uk 0151 666 8966
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.