Permanent, Full Time
Salary up to £26,000 Depending on Experience
Week One - Monday-Friday 6:00am-2:00pm
Week Two - Monday-Thursday 11:30am-7:30pm, Friday 10:00am-6:00pm
A global speciality chemicals manufacturer based in Abingdon, have an opportunity for a proactive and enthusiastic individual to join them as a Facility Operator.
Based in their Pilot Plant, you will be responsible for the safe receipt, storage and decanting of samples, safe manufacture of large scale blends, and final filtration of products. The role also involves safely handling and disposal of both chemical waste, maintenance of inventory and stock taking.
If you're looking to develop your career within an innovative and successful chemicals company, then this is the opportunity for you. With scope to progress within this role or the opportunity to side-step into a similar role, there's no limitations on your development with this company.
- Blending of finished oils and packages to tight tolerances.
- Receiving, decanting and shipping of samples requested via site inventory system.
- Maintain high standards of inventory control and chemical waste management control.
- Maintain high standards of safety and housekeeping.
- Proactively contribute to the high safety standard of the group.
- Carry out activities in a way that meets safety, technical and quality standards with minimal supervision.
- Skills in logistics, pilot-plant and chemical waste handling/disposal procedures and operations.
- Opportunity to interact across technology groups.
- Familiarisation of additive applications within lubes technology
- A high regard for both safety and quality
- Ability to work independently, proactively or as part of a team
- Enthusiasm and motivation to succeed in the role.
- A customer focused approach.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to communicate effectively.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- A Fork Lift Truck licence or be prepared to undertake training in this area.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.