£18000 - £21000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8999
5 months ago
Transport Coordinator / Transport Administrator
6 month FTC Monday to Friday 7am – 3.30pm
£18,000 - £21,000 pro rota
Shrewsbury, Market Drayton, Telford, Kidderminster, Ludlow, Newtown, Oswestry, Whitchurch, Shropshire.
A large food manufacturing company with a site based in Shropshire is currently seeking a Transport Coordinator to join the team for a minimum of 6 months. This roll will report directly in to the Despatch Shift Manager and will be working within the warehouse and despatch team.
Key accountabilities for Transport Administrator –
- Processing and recording of employees working hours through clockcards, spreadsheets and e-mail.
- Liaise with hauliers to arrange delivery of export orders ensuring compliance with export document legalities.
- Maintain haulier’s transport issue log and spreadsheets.
- Book additional transport when required and complete recharge costs spreadsheets.
- Process transport costings, recording costings on relevant spreadsheets and reconcile against invoices.
- Complete transport routing and process delivery notes.
- Update routings with pallet numbers and complete check calculations.
- Track and communicate pallet and trailer counts.
- Provide cover within department to cover sickness and absence.
To be considered for this role you must have previous experience working within a distribution/logistics/transport department and have a good understanding of how the process works. You must have good IT skills especially Excel (spreadsheets/databases), you must have strong organisational skills along with excellent communication skills.
Scantec specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.