£30000 - £35000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 2 months ago
STRUCTURES ASSET ENGINEER / BRIDGE ENGINEER
Engaged in the development of highway structures asset renewal schemes in the Structures Asset Development Team
Identifying highway structure renewal needs and entering these onto the business asset need management system such that they feed into the clients forward programme of renewal activities
- Initial development and preliminary design of schemes including drawings, reports and calculations, in accordance with Highway England standards including the DMRB, IANs, MCHW
- Undertake structures surveys / investigations as required
- Assist the Structures Asset Development Lead and Structures Asset Development Lead Engineer in the preparation of structure asset renewal schemes for technical and scoring continuous value management workshops in accordance with the requirements of the latest revision of Highway England’s Project Control Framework.
Academic qualifications/ level of education
- HND/HNC level or higher in engineering or equivalent.
- Incorporated or Chartered Engineer, or working towards a professional qualification Is desireable
- Good IT literacy in MS Office or equivalent
- Valid UK driving licence.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Confined spaces trained
- Good understanding of all aspects of highway structures including design, assessment, construction and inspection
- Good knowledge of SMIS
- Good understanding of the structure CVM process
- Good understanding of the Highways Agency DMRB and other standards and guidance notes
- Good awareness of Health and Safety legislation
- Good team player able to build strong relationships
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Positive attitude to learning and delivering outcomes
- Self motivated capable of working with minimal supervision
- Able to use own initiative identify & solve problems
- Possess a flexible approach to working hours including working at night
- Ability to identify & solve problems
- Experience of working with the HE standards, systems and objectives to identify structure renewals schemes is preferred.
- Preparation of value management and scheme identification studies and project development forms
- Experience of presenting at structures CVM, value engineering and risk workshops
- Experience of managing structure asset risk in a maintenance environment
- Experience of structural maintenance in a MAC / ASC environment
- Experience of writing asset renewal reports
Scantec is the 2nd Largest Technical Agency in UK - Recruitment International Magazine 2016, and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.