£28000 - £33000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8955
7 months ago
FMCG Food Manufacturing
£28,000 – £33,000 (depending on experience)
Lancashire, commutable from: Preston, Liverpool, Wigan, Warrington, Bolton, Bury, Southport, Manchester
A leading food manufacturer with a site based in the North West is currently seeking a Senior Specifications Technologist to join their team on a permanent basis due to an internal restructure. The Senior Specifications Technologist will report to the Technical Services Manager and be responsible for the day to day supervision of a Specifications Technologist.
The successful Senior Specifications Technologist will have a minimum of 3 years experience in a Specifications / Technical Services role and will be fully conversant with end product and raw materials specifications. You will have used a range of retailer specifications systems and also have experience of managing queries directly from the retailers. You must have good planning and organisation skills and the ability to manage a large work load in a busy environment.
Responsibilities of the Senior Specifications Technologist will include –
• Lead on the completion of finished product specifications to meet the critical path and/or customer requirements, ensuring completion to right first time requirements for the retailer.
• Coordinate the review of finished product artwork to ensure the finished product artwork standards and legal requirements are met and delivered to the agreed critical path.
• Escalate appropriately internally/externally if discrepancies found.
• Ensure all retailer on line systems are reviewed by the team and the housekeeping of site details are kept up to date and accurate.
• Lead the customer relationship internally and externally
• Contribute to customer audits and visits demonstrating the full compliance to the specifications administration.
• Ensure the raw material details entered on the finished product spec are the most up to date and applicable for the launch of the product.
• Organise the high standard of document control relating to the details required for all finished product specifications.
• Development and monitoring of appropriate KPI’s to measure department performance, utilising these to drive continual improvement.
Application via CV
Scantec specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.