+44 (0)151 666 8999
5 months ago
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, life assurance, contributory pension, share incentives, electronics and car discounts, eye care, free parking, role progression and extensive training opportunities.
Following over a decade of research, driven by the collaboration of a global R&D team; our Global Biotech client has developed a cutting edge technology which will allow them to further cement their place as a key player in their industry and drive future global growth.
Due to the development of this new technology, they are opening a new state of the art Laboratory complex at their existing site in North Wales, The new facility requires the recruitment of a team of 14 to run the day to day operations and Scantec are proud to be partnering with this organisation on a exclusive basis to support this project.
This key role will support the Laboratory by assembling and maintaining scientific instrumentation and parts, maintaining supplies, maintaining logs, troubleshooting and resolving problems. The role will include an all expenses paid training programme in the USA lasting up to 4 weeks. During this training programme, the successful candidate can expect to be upskilled on the new technology as well as developing various specialist skills that will enhance key technical capabilities. The training programme will be run within the first 3 months of the role starting and as such applicants should allow up to 4 weeks of International travel within this period.
- Maintaining scientific instrumentation by cleaning and replacing critical parts.
- Keeping equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and escalating calls for complex repairs.
- Maintaining fluidic supplies by cleaning, sterilizing, and re-filling tanks.
- Preparing solutions using chemical lab techniques.
- Maintaining spare parts inventory by ordering, receiving, and inventorying parts.
- Keeping laboratory supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Documenting information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books (both computer and paper-based). Using data to optimize preventive maintenance schedules.
- Resolving problems by examining and evaluating data and selecting corrective steps.
- Leading on key projects within the Laboratory.
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary work area in accordance with standard laboratory practices and procedures. Practices safe work habits at all times (chemical safety, lifting, wearing personal protective equipment).
Candidates should have previous experience in a Lab tech role, ideally supported by a degree in a scientific subject such as Chemistry, Biology or Life Sciences. Candidates with experience of equipment cleaning and validation will transition well into this type of role.
To apply, please forward your CV for immediate consideration. Successful candidates will be contacted within 48 hours of their application to discuss next steps.
Scantec is the 2nd Largest Technical Agency in UK - Recruitment International Magazine 2016, and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.