£35000 - £40000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8955
about 2 months ago
£35,000 – £40,000
A blue chip FMCG Food manufacturer with a site near Bedford is now seeking a Shift Manager for a 24/7 manufacturing site.
Reporting to the Production Manager, this is an excellent opportunity for a food / pharma / automotive production professional to join a blue chip FMCG manufacturer with extensive career development and progression opportunities throughout their group structures.
The successful Shift Manager will have previous experience within a process driven, fast paced manufacturing environment - ideally food, drink, packaging or pharmaceuticals. You will ideally be educated to degree / HND / HNC level or can demonstrate continuous professional development through training and work based qualifications. The successful Shift Manager will have strong man management experience and lean, CI experience.
Key responsibilities of the Production Shift Manager include:
• Deliver manufacturing standards and performance KPIs
• Site management responsibility out of hours
• Build a H&S culture to promote ownership of H&S within the team
• Collaborate with other departments to support the delivery of the production plan against the budgeted targets and volumes
• Provide team with clear direction, setting the appropriate standards and ensuring adherence to them.
• Lead, motivate, coach others
• Analyse performance information and ability to communicate confidently, clearly and concisely to team and senior managers
• Management of non conformance across all areas ensuring incidents are investigated to determine route cause and actions to close out are effectively implemented.
• To lead the manufacturing element of the daily operations meeting
• Ensure teams are briefed regularly and are fully aware of site standards, procedures plans and line performance.
Application via CV
Scantec specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.