£25000 - £33000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8976
about 1 month ago
Our client are currently looking for a Highways Design Engineer to work at their offices in London.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities associated with the role are as follows:-
· To provide essential support for more senior personnel to ensure successful delivery of a
· To provide expertise and assistance in the aspects of highway engineering and/or
transportation planning for which they have been trained;
· When called upon to do so, to liaise/meet with other consultants and external members of the
project team where necessary to ensure co-ordination of information and resources;
· To have a full understanding of all the tools and techniques employed within the field of highway engineering and transportation planning;
· To keep abreast of the latest developments with respect to all the tools and techniques
employed within the field of highway engineering and transportation planning;
· To be conversant with the technical-approval process in relation to Section 278 and Section 38
· To pro-actively mentor and assist in the professional development of more junior staff;
- Knowledge The principles and techniques of highway engineering.
- Ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of programmes.
- Ability to use and interpret the results of KeyTerra-Firma, AutoCAD and Autotrack.
- Ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to supervise the work of more junior staff and sub-consultants.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to participate in and contribute to project-related discussions.
- Ability to use experience from other projects.
- Educated to HND or Degree Level. Masters in related field.
- HNC/HND + 4 years’ experience in related field.
- Employment with local planning or highway authority, or with other consultant in the same or a similar field.
Permanent Highways Engineer job in London – section 278 – section 38 – highways design – highways engineer – permanent – London
Scantec are acting as an employment business for the recruitment of this position.
Scantec specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Unless otherwise stated, all contract rates staed are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.