£20000 - £30000 per annum
+44 (0)151 666 8999
about 1 year ago
Scantec are looking to recruit an experienced CAD Technician, preferably with a background in the civil engineering sector for one of our Main Contractors.
The chosen candidate will be involved in a range of small to large projects as part of the Construction Engineering team. Projects will include highways structures and major bridges along with RC detailing. This position provides the opportunity to join a leading main contractor specialising in Highways England projects on a permanent basis.
- Interpret instructions from Design Engineers and Engineering Technicians regarding technical production of drawings.
- Ensure that drawings produced comply with the relevant quality and British standards.
- Ensure the dimensional accuracy and compliance with available drawings
- Overseeing work of the Trainee CAD Technician.
- To promote safe working practices in all areas.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- ONC / HNC in a Civil or Construction related discipline
- Strong CAD skills with relevant CAD experience
- Extensive experience in the production of construction related drawings
- Must have used Civil3D software.
- Have a good understanding of RC Detailing.
- Be aware and have experience in Autodesk products (including AutoCAD and REVIT).
- Recognise and understand the importance of your own contribution to CDM and SHE in the workplace.
("highways" or "highways technician" or "CAD technician" or "Highways engineering" or "AutoCAD" or "CAD" or "technician" or "AutoCAD Technician")
Scantec is the 2nd Largest Technical Agency in UK - Recruitment International Magazine 2016, and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.