£40000 per annum, Benefits: Double Days 6am-2pm & 2pm – 10pm rotating, 30 days holiday, Life Assurance, Pension
+44 (0)151 666 8999
16 days ago
Failsworth – Manchester
Double Days 6am-2pm & 2pm – 10pm rotating, 30 days holiday, Life Assurance, Pension
A fantastic opportunity to join a successful manufacturing business that’s been in existence since the 1930’s, based on the outskirts of Manchester in Failsworth.
Our client are a worldwide known brand for what they manufacture, serving a number of different sectors, including automotive, electronics and packaging amongst others.
Our clients team of 5 engineers on the tools, supported by an engineering team leader and manager due to retirement.
Should you have a background working shifts, but be keen to avoid nights and weekends then this role would be right up your street.
- To ensure that all equipment and machinery is installed and maintained to a safe operating condition and is available for maximum production utilisation.
- Ensure that all mechanical plant and electrical equipment is maintained in a safe working condition
- and to avoid excessive lost production time.
- To test all equipment in the factory and office areas in accordance with the relevant electricity at work
- Install new electrical equipment as required in accordance with the latest electricity at work
- Undertake the visual checking of the water, cooling systems and air compressors as required.
- To carry out daily checks on the fines and extraction systems.
- Carry out weekly checks on the FLTs.
- Ensure all pelletiser dies and cutters are built up and are in good order, with a supply ready for use at
- all times.
- Manage and carry out project work as required
- The site has a strict PPM schedule done on a daily, weekly and monthly basis with planned overhauls, you’re expected to undertake this work in your role
- Promote safe working at all times. Ensure that safe working systems and practices are in use at all times.
- Ensure the production/lab/maintenance team members understand the hazards and precautions required for all activities undertaken.
- Understand and ensure implementation of emergency procedures and safe systems of work
- Ensure prompt reporting and investigation of all accidents, near misses and breaches of rules.
- Prepare appropriate paperwork when required including risk assessments, lifting plans and new procedures.
Skilled time served engineer with good electrical/mechanical skills and experience
Familiar with plastics industry machines and equipment (beneficial)
Qualified to relevant City and Guilds standard, willing to work shifts and unsupervised
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.